Zeenat and Alim’s Interview

Alim’s Interview

Today I will be interviewing Alim Malik, a hardworking freshman that attends The City College of New York. Known for his classic brown trench coat that he’s sporting, he’s funny, intelligent, and quick witted, he’s quite the popular guy. Today we will be touching base upon different aspects of Alim’s life, such as where he grew up, his cultural background and how that’s influenced the way he grew up. We will also be looking into his major, and what led him to choosing such a major. Before interviewing him, I read his “Where I’m From” poem and from there I was able to learn a bit about him and come up with the certain questions I wanted to ask him. 

1. Hi, Alim Malik, how old are you? Well, im 18 but i will be turning on march 22
  2. Where did you grow up and how would you describe it? I grew up in the bronx and my experience growing up in the bronx was very secluded because my parents would make me stay in the house and put fear on me saying it wasn’t a safe neighborhood. Growing up i started going out more and i started to realize everything my parents said was bullshit. 
  3. What highschool did you go to?
  4.  I went to truman highschool, in the bronx.
  5. Where are you from (ethnicity/religion)? My father is from Pakistan and he’s from Islamabad the capital. My mother is from Guyana, Burbies. 
  6. What are your hobbies and why? Music, actually let me put you on to this amazing artist his name is Aries like the sign, and im going to his concert tomorrow (march 3rd). I’m also into creating, writing. And editing films, i actually have a pilot written out because i personally enjoy it alot. 
  7. You mentioned that you were a film major, what led you to making the decision? Was there a certain experience that took place that made you want to pursue a career in the film industry? Ive always watched films growing up, and ive always wanted to create one of my own. 
  8. You also mentioned you were writing a film, what inspired you to write your film and are there any people in your life you based your characters off of? What inspired me to write my film was everything that ive ever watching in my life so far, i wanted to write something that would affect people and change their way of thinking.
  9. Once graduating, what are your plans? My plans are to plan on getting on set, to help with anything possible. 
  10. In your “where im from poem” you mention coming from a place thats considered unreasonable but acceptable to you, can you go more in depth about it? 

What i mean by is it became a norm to constantly hear the amount of noise that would be produced in my house, which would be unreasonable to other people but it’s considered acceptable to me because I grew up with it.